The UK constitution is changing: how can you have a say in what happens?
• What is the Sheffield City Deal?
• What is the Sheffield Constitutional Convention?
• What are the lessons from research?
This evening is an opportunity to find out from people who know, with pizza and time for discussion.
Sheffield City Deal – Cities and Devolution Bill – Dr. Arianna Giovannini, Huddersfield University:
The Constitutional Convention in Sheffield – Prof Matt Flinders, Crick Centre, University of Sheffield;
Lessons from the Northern Citizens Convention – Vicky Seddon, Chair, Sheffield for Democracy/Unlock Democracy
Conversations about the constitution: an activity to explore:
• What issues are most important to you?
• At what level should decisions be taken about them?
• Who should decide?
How to influence the City Deal, Cities and Devolution Bill and other constitutional changes
Contribute to the LGA All Party inquiry into the UK Constitution
What is needed for wider engagement in constitutional change?
This event is part of the ESRC Knowledge Exchange Programme