Members of Leeds Children’s University (aged 7-14) will learn about parliamentary democracy via a range of events including:
• Handling exhibits from Abbey House Museum’s Leonora Cohen collection. Leonora was an active Leeds-based suffragette.
• Taking on the character of a person who played a role in the story of the development of parliament.
• Working in groups to put forward suggestions for new legislation.
• Making democratic decisions.
• Finding out about how the franchise was extended via role play.
• Voting in an election involving two children standing against Stuart Andrew MP.
• Question and Answer session with Stuart Andrew MP.
NOTE THIS IS A ‘CLOSED’ EVENT FOR CHILDREN’S UNIVERSITY MEMBERS AND IT IS NOT OPEN FOR MEMBERS OF THE PUBLIC TO ATTEND.