What does campaigning with politicians involve? How do you make Westminster based politicians listen to the concerns of people in Yorkshire? Can campaigning make any difference?
Join Parliament’s Outreach Service for a candid discussion and hear first-hand from experienced Yorkshire campaigners on the challenges and benefits of working with Westminster and Whitehall.
- Stuart Bruce (chair) – Visiting Lecturer in Public Relations, Leeds Beckett University
- Val Michie – Soroptimist International
- Justin Homer – Director of Local Government Yorkshire and the Humber, and secretary to the All Party Parliamentary
- Group for Yorkshire and the Humber
- Steve Barwick – Connect Communications
What will you get from this event?
- Practical guidance on how to campaign effectively
- First-hand insights on political campaigning
- Networking opportunities
- Opportunities to debate and ask questions
Who should attend?
- People with an interest in political campaigning
- People working or volunteering for voluntary and community groups, students
- Interested citizens