Come and learn more about the European Parliament and UK Parliament! What do they do? How are they different? How to they serve their citizens?
The European Parliament is hosting two workshop days for 16-18 year olds to learn about the UK and European Parliaments and discuss what democracy means. The events are organised by TEAMglobal, a non-political, independent educational foundation.
The events are free to attend, but registration is essential.
Programme for the day
- The UK Parliament, how does it work? A presentation by the UK Parliament
- How democratic is the UK Parliament?
- Snack and stretch
- The European Parliament, how does it work? A presentation by the European Parliament
- How democratic is the European Parliament?
- Student workshops
- Presentations by students
- What can be done to make the UK and European Parliaments more democratic? Presentation by outside specialist
- Questions and further discussion
Factual content on the two parliaments, presentations on the democratic legitimacy and opportunities for students to discuss and make their own presentations. There will also be a chance for students and teachers to visit the European Parliament in Strasbourg or join a trip to Brussels as an outcome of the day.